Friday, September 22, 2006

Why Saturday is my favorite day of the week!

I have a favorite day of the week, and that day is Saturday. More specifically, Fall Saturdays. Because in the Fall, Saturdays are celebrations, ones that allow all of us to soak in some of the greatest things that man has created. I am talking about three things....

1. Soccer
2. College Football
3. Beer

This Saturday is one of those perfect days for me. Living in Virginia, there are rare days like this one for me, so when they come, everything else in life falls by the wayside. Tomorrow I have quite possibly, the perfect day for sports. I have more things to watch tomorrow than I have time to take in, and I love it!

Here is my schedule:

9:30am - 11:30am: GolTV - Bayern Munich vs. Aachen
12:00pm - 2:00pm: FSC - Manchester United vs. Reading
3:30pm - 6:30pm: Fox Sports Net - Arizona State University vs. California
4:00pm - 6:00pm: GolTV - Real Madrid vs. Real Betis
7:30pm - 9:30pm: RFK Stadium - DC United vs. RBNY

My only problem is trying to watch all and not have my girlfriend leave me. That and I have to figure out how to stay sober enough through the day's games to make it to RFK for the DC United match. I think I am up for the challenge, as I prepared last weekend during College Football Separation Saturday.

Cable TV is one of the greatest things that God allowed Man to invent. I get to watch all of these games from the comfort of my living room. Now we just need to invent the dryer that does not eat one of my socks.

2 Comments:

Blogger I-66 said...

The college soccer on FSC has been great. Last night Florida State's women (#1 in some polls) played UNC (#4) which wass like a gift from the gods or something. FSU lost because their goalkeeper evidently forgot that she was allowed to move once the shooter placed a shot on goal.

10:25 AM  
Blogger Thomas Coolberth said...

"My only problem is trying to watch all and not have my girlfriend leave me."

Try it when you are married and have Satanta sports and a TIVO. Luckily wifey works evenings and goes to college. For the 4 yr old and the 2 yr. old ... futbol is the only sport they know .... 7 nights a week from 7 to 8:30 pm I watch a match...... Ahh the good life.

4:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Office Depot Coupons
Office Depot