Saturday, July 01, 2006

Missed the chance.


I am not talking about England, I missed the chance to post my predictions for the England vs. Portugal match and the France vs. Brazil match. I suddenly had to go apartment hunting and was unable to get the post done in time.

I was able to watch most of the England vs. Portugal match, mostly Beckham leaving, Rooney returning to his thug life image and marking his first World Cup with a red card ejection. I wonder if the English press will re-print the headline they used in 1998 - "10 brave men, 1 stupid boy!" I watched the match at Ledo's Pizza in Falls Church, and when it went to over time, I told my girlfriend that England will lose in penalty kicks. She asked me why and I told her, "Because, England always loses in European PKs during the Quarter Finals. Sad to see Beckham's last match as Captain end so soon.

Right now I am watching the France vs. Brazil match. I originally picked France to win the tournament, and based on their group play, I changed my mind. As I am watching this match and how Zidane is playing, I will not be surprised if France doesn't win it all. Brazil looks uncreative. The big, fat, slow, clumbsy guy with the yellow shoes; his jersey says Ronaldo, but he doesn't look like Ronaldo has been a waste of space in this match. He had one situation where he got the ball in the box and he just fell down. Terrible. Henry's goal was a ting of beauty. Where the hell was the Brazilian defense? How do any of the Brazilians answer for not having a player mark Henry?

Anyways, the France vs. Brazil match is much more entertaining than the England vs. Portugal match. There is about 13 minutes left, and I will post again right after the final whistle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Office Depot Coupons
Office Depot