Saturday, April 28, 2007

DC United: Quick Preview

Sorry, but I have a ton of visiting family in town for wedding related things, so I really didn't have time to check out as much as I wanted to concerning this match; I won't even be able to watch it live.

So where are we at? United are coming off of their two week break to take their act on the road and try and correct the course of things. After two weeks of trying to figure out the defensive issues, this is a very pivital match up. April shouldn't be the time to suggest that United's season is make or break right here, but with Red Bull New York collecting 10 points from their first four matches and have yet to allow a goal, if United fail to pick up at least a point tonight...we could very well see a hard season ahead of us.

What do I expect tonight? Honestly, after watching Columbus fight back against the Revolution last week, I am really not expecting much more than a 1-1 or 2-2 draw. I think that United's offense is better than the crew defense. The Crew offense isn't that great a thing...but then again, neither is our defense. One must hope and pray that the defensive work over the last two weeks will get the best of the Crew offense. As Herron is suspended, I think that the United defense will have an easier time than they would have with Herron on the field.

Tonight's match is the start of a quick three match week, where we see United face the Crew, the Revolution and Chivas USA. If United fails to pick up anything less than 5 points (7 really) than I honestly think that the season will be out the window.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Office Depot Coupons
Office Depot