Saturday, June 02, 2007

USMNT Recap: USA 4 - 1 China

Well, that was a better result than the Guatemala match.

Considering the opponent and the make up of our side, I am happy with the result. We got several starters back on a scoring trend and were able to get two goals off of set pieces, which we need to continue doing. I wasn't too thrilled with some of our passing and our defensive play which lead to the lone Chinese goal. Our defenders didn't look like they really wanted to clear the ball and it came back to bite them in the ass.

Over all, the better side won the match. We had much better possession and passing overall, but some of our passes looked a little daft. I liked how Feilhaber did in the midfield and I liked how Deuce and Beasley worked on the attack.

I am hoping that Bob will take the defense aside and get them to work on their clearances as I honestly think that was their only problem. Other than that, there isn't much to be pointing out. Deuce and Gooch had great header goals and I fully expect to see more goals from set pieces in the next few matches.

The USA starts the Gold Cup this Thursday at HDC against Guatemala, here's hoping that the Guatemalans actually try and play the game and we get to score on them.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Office Depot Coupons
Office Depot