Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Jay DeMerit: Flavor of the Month?


Ok, so Jay DeMerit, a name that Yanks Abroad has been dropping for months, if not years, has just become the Flavor of the Month. He has two media outlets giving him a push, front and center on CNN/SI.com and on ESPNsoccernet.com. ESPN will also have DeMerit contribute regularly with news and reports from life in the EPL. From what I have read about this guy, he deserves this type of exposure.

This sort of segways into something I was thinking about concerning the USMNT. With any National team, you get a coach who has specific players in mind when he makes his roster. Guys who he likes or guys who fit well into his formations and styles. Bruce Arena had his fair share of them, Jeff Agoos being one of them. Now that Bruce is gone from the USSF and coaching RBNY, I was trying to figure out who will be given chances now that a clean slate is upon us with whomever Sunil hires. Will we see a roster that is drastically different than what Bruce had been calling up? Will we see Taylor Twellman given a new chance? Will Landon Donovan be given the #10 shirt and the armband? Will Jay DeMerit get his first cap?

I guess we have to wait until mid-November to find these out. I am guess that we will see all of these things, and more.

2 Comments:

Blogger I-66 said...

I am a man who is prone to superlatives at times, but even I find "American Soccer Hero" a bit over the top.

12:57 PM  
Blogger Brian said...

Yeah, I guess when you send your club into the EPL, they will call you anything.

1:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Office Depot Coupons
Office Depot