Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Can someone translate this page for me?

http://esporte.uol.com.br/futebol/ultimas/2006/08/15/ult59u103664.jhtm

This is evidently saying that the US/North America will never be able to take part in the Copa Libertadores.

I have tried some free website translators, but they suck and don't work.

Thanks.


Edit - I figured out how to translate it. The article says that at the present time, CONMEBOL does not plan on changing the format of the Copa Libertadores, nor does it forsee adding North American Clubs to the tournament. This is the paragraph that has the info -

"Leoz still left clearly that not it intends to give possibility of teams North American will dispute Liberators, and that the Mexican teamses do not go to dispute the World-wide Interclubes, that happens in December, in Tokyo."

I actually understand that statement to mean that North American clubs, in this case being Mexican clubs, will not claim the Copa Libertadores slot for the FIFA World Club Cup. I am probably wrong and he is saying that MLS is SOL if they wanted to get into the Copa Libertadores. Oh well, I guess they don't get more money.

I used http://www.wordlingo.com to translate. Once you pick the right language, it actually works out pretty well.

4 Comments:

Blogger I-66 said...

Crap. It's Portuguese.

Who the hell speaks Portuguese?!

12:25 PM  
Blogger Brian said...

I thought it was Spanish.

12:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHA OMG - Used Google's translation and almost died laughing at the translation of the cup itself

The 'Pantry Liberating 2007'

Check it out: http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fesporte.uol.com.br%2Ffutebol%2Fultimas%2F2006%2F08%2F15%2Fult59u103664.jhtm&langpair=pt%7Cen&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&prev=%2Flanguage_tools

1:09 PM  
Blogger I-66 said...

Porto Alegre appears to be the point of origin for the article, that's in Brazil. I thought it might be in Spanish too but when I didn't understand a single word I figured out that it was Portuguese.

2:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Office Depot Coupons
Office Depot