Tuesday, August 08, 2006

I have 1 Jersey to burn.

Dema Red Bull
According to MLSnet.com, Red Bull New York already have Dema Kovalenko in training and will announce his signing in a day or so. Dema was with DC United up to the end of last season, winning 1 MLS Cup with United. He will be arriving on a free transfer from the Ukraine, where he had been trying to get first team play.

I guess I get to burn my Kovalenko jersey when I get home from work today. Maybe I should wait and burn it at the USOC match at RFK on the 23rd? I doubt the RFK Security will like that very much.

Senna transfer to Manchester United
It appears that Man United will press forward for their swoop of Villarreal midfielder Marcos Senna, assuming that United meet the Villarreal asking price. As Michael Carrick went down with an ankle injury in Saturday's match against Ajax in the LG Amsterdam Tournament, United will be in need of further repairs to a suspect midfield. SAF has already said that at least one more player will be brought into the club this off-season, so this might not be the only transfer left in their plans.

Copa Libertadores Final
The first leg of the Copa Libertadores final begins tomorrow night in Sao Paulo. The all Brasilian matchup sees defending Copa Libertadores Champion Sao Paulo taking on Internacional. Sao Paulo are my pick to repeat and move on to the World Club Cup in Japan, and just maybe defend that title as well.

DC United Alumni
Lucio Filomeno went all 90 minutes for Nueva Chicago last Friday in the opening of the Argentinean Premier Division against Racing Club. Racing won 2-0 off of two Facundo Sava penalty kicks. Good to see Lucio is getting some playing time.

2 Comments:

Blogger I-66 said...

I'd get playing time too if my father was who his father is.

1:28 PM  
Blogger Brian said...

Yeah, if daddy was club president, I guess that is a free pass like Agoos got in Korea 2002.

1:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Office Depot Coupons
Office Depot