Thursday, August 03, 2006

Copa Libertadores Final set.

Ok, so the Copa Libertadores hasn't been my usual topic of discussion, but I started following it after the World Cup. I was a little surprised at how they ended up having to split the Quarter Final matches by 2 months due to FIFA demanding that all leagues (MLS anyone???) halt all play after May 17th.

In any case, the final was set tonight as Internacional of Brasil defeated Libertad of Paraguay, 2-0 tonight. Defending Copa Champion and World Club Cup Champion dispatched Chivas de Guadalajara 3-0 on Wednesday night, 4-0 on aggregate. An all Brasil matchup, over two legs, starting the 9th and wrapping up on the 16th. Winner goes to Japan in December to face Club America, Barcelona and three other regional club champions.

I look forward to watching both of these matches, assuming I can get them at home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Office Depot Coupons
Office Depot