Thursday, November 16, 2006

Weekend Preview


I am taking some time away from the computer this weekend, so here is my preview for the weekend events.

MLS Expansion Draft
Toronto FC gets its pick of 10 players from the current 12 MLS clubs on Friday. Here are my picks, if I was picking for TFC:

Jaqua, Nate
O'Brien, John (along with a ton of Duct Tape)
Petke, Mike
Coiner, Ryan
Vanney, Greg
Rimando, Nick (GK)
Serioux, Adrian
Nagamura, Paulo
Franchino, Joe
Lisi, Mark

I hope that FCT doesn't end up grabbing Simms, which is a highly likely event. If Brian Carroll's trial with Aachen works out, then we would then end up losing two of the three main defensive midfielders that we have. If Nowak does not adapt the formation to a 4-4-2 from the 3-5-2, we will be out one of the main midfielders in his formation.

Matches I'm watching
I will be watching the Bayern Munich vs. Stuttgart match at 9:30am on Gol TV, at least until FSC starts their coverage of the 10am EPL match. FSC is carrying Manchester United at Sheffield United. With this being the last match before the showdown with Chelsea, SAF is calling this one of the more important matches of the season. SAF wants to go into the match with Chelsea with a 3 point lead, so regardless of the result (barring a loss by more than 7 goals) united will retain its lead in the league. They also have a midweek match against Celtic, one that they really need to get the 3 points in to ensure that they win their Champions league group.

I sure hope that United are not completely overlooking Sheffield United or Celtic. The United of last season that had trouble hitting the side of a barn started to creep into last weeks match against Brad Friedel and Blackburn. Friedel is an awesome goalkeeper and was beaten on one awfully difficult shot, but the finishing was just not there last week. Rooney had two open chances and miffed both. Hopefully the United that dropped 5 goals on Fulham, 4 goals on Bolton, and 3 on Portsmouth will return for both this weekends match and the encounter with Chelsea. I doubt that FSC will carry the Man Utd. vs. Chelsea match, so I gotta figure out where I am going to watch it at. Summers food is horrible, so I hope to find someplace better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Office Depot Coupons
Office Depot