Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Bozilla On Mlsnet.com


MLS Defender of the Year, Bobby Boswell of DC United was on MLSnet.com for a live chat today.

Of all the questions and topics they covered, ranging from DC101's Water Wars to his childhood episode of "GUTS" to how much Josh Gros should be sold for, the one question that I pulled out is this one:

"Mario from Washington: Hey, I'm from D.C. and I was just asking your overall opinion on the season and where do you see the team going from this point on?

Bobby Boswell: I think we had a strong year, and we became more of a group. I'm glad we won the Supporters' Shield, however, I feel that we fell short in the Open Cup and MLS Cup. Those are things we're looking to change for next year."

Now we have all heard these types of statements before, of how they will step it up in the playoffs (bullshit) and of how they know what to do (bullshit again). However, I did like that Bozilla mentioned the fact that one of the best things that came out of this last season was that the squad has grown tighter, become a group. Having the right mix of chemistry going into next season will be essential for any success the club has. With DC United looking at 3 tournaments and the MLS regular season, the chemistry might be the only thing they have to fall back on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Office Depot Coupons
Office Depot